POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invitation for 3D Artists: Evolutions! Game : Re: Invitation for 3D Artists: Evolutions! Game Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invitation for 3D Artists: Evolutions! Game
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 8 May 2009 12:56:42
Message: <4a04644a$1@news.povray.org>
My name is Sven Littkowski, and I am the founder of the game project
Evolutions!, an OpenSource and FreeWare game featuring evolutionary concepts
of nature as well as of the psychology.

We are in the tradition of Spore, the 1st generation evolutionary game which
you might know from the media. We, however, work on the 2nd generation of
such a game, and intend to have more depth in our game than in the previous
game. And we avoid any commercial intentions with our new game, since we
believe more in an educational but fun-based goal. Everyone will be able to
download and play this game. And we expect to have a strong reflection in
the mass media and Internet.

We try to offer a view to the close and even most distant future of a
possible society and psychology, still through providing an exciting, rich
gameplay and stunning graphics. We are growing, and our first goal is to
attract enough skilled persons so we can go deeper and deeper into the
development. We are now at the stage to communicate with many online forums
and communities.

Please find our forum at http://Evolutions.Jamaica-Focus.com/f.

We would like to invite you to join us, and participate with your knowledge,
skills and ideas to the development of the game. I would appreciate your
input a lot, and everyone else in our growing community, too. We need many
programmers with DirectX knowledge, and also many 3D artists, which will
develop some wicked sample creatures and sample buildings and sample
spaceships, as well as landscapes and entire worlds (universe)!

You might know, that Spore got a lot of support from SETI (Mr. Seth Shostak)
which we intend to contact, as well. However, our circle of professionally
trained persons will include many others, as well, known from the media or
the Internet. POV-Ray artists - if you're interested to participate such a
project, alone or with your friends, now is the time! Welcome aboard!

Please do not hesitate to contact me, I remain sincerely,

Sven Littkowski